The Queensland Government held a suite of meetings and roundtables with community members across the state to help identify and address key priorities facing regional areas. Building on those conversations, the Regional Community Forums were created in 2019 to strengthen our partnership with regional Queensland and to give those living in our regions greater access to government and better opportunities to influence government decision-making. These consultations have created valuable conversations with local business owners, families and workers around making communities even better places to live and work.
This work is supported by the Office for Rural and Regional Queensland, with offices in Cairns, Townsville, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay, Longreach and Toowoomba, ensuring we stay connected with local communities and ensuring that Queensland’s regions are front of mind in decision making.
Our clear focus on the regions ties in with our ongoing commitment to be a responsive government that delivers for all Queenslanders.
Regional Community Forums
The Regional Community Forums (the Forums) bring locals, regional stakeholders and government representatives together each quarter to discuss local priorities and opportunities to strengthen regional economies and services, and consider what outcomes are most important to the community.
The resulting conversations from the Forums will help to create and support regionally focused programs delivered with the community in mind.
Forums held so far in 2022:
- May 30. Locations—Toowoomba, Bundaberg, Rockhampton, Longreach, Mackay, Townsville, and Cairns
- July 11. Locations—Warwick, Maryborough, Agnes Water, Barcaldine, Proserpine , Charters Towers, and Cooktown
- September 26. Locations—Toowoomba, Bargara, Longreach, Mackay, Yeppoon, Townsville, Palm Cove
- 14 November. Locations—Biloela, Gympie, Longreach, Weipa, Collinsville Hughenden, Chincilla
Discover what’s happening at the Forums in:
- Far North Queensland
- North and North West Queensland
- Western Queensland
- Central Queensland
- Wide Bay/Burnett/Fraser Coast
- Darling Downs South West Queensland.
For more information contact the Advancing Queensland's Regions team via email: email@example.com.